The United States Embassy in Haiti in collaboration with “Union School” is launching a new program for the learning of English entitled “English Microscholarship Access Program” (Access).
Funded by the US Department of State, this program will allow to 20 girls aged 17 to 20 years, conomically disadvantaged, to take intensive English courses for 2 years. These courses, which will begin in March 2017, will be given weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm at the premises of the Union School located in Juvénat (Pétion-ville).
The objective of this program is to strengthen the ability of young girls to master the English language and to have an introduction to computer science while deepening their knowledge of American culture. It will also enable them to be better prepared for the labor market and participate in the exchange and scholarship programs offered by the US Embassy to Haitian students.
Component covered by the Access Programme :
- Learning English and Computer Science ;
- Participation in activities of development and understanding of American culture ;
- Transportation costs ;
- English and Computer Books
Interested young girls should fill out the application form available on the “Union School” website www.unionschool.edu.ht/ or on the website of the Embassy of the United States http://haiti.usembassy.gov . Candidates can also go directly to the Union School (Juvénat, Pétion ville) between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm for information.
Deadline for submitting applications for candidate : Tuesday, 28 February 2017.
Required conditions :
- Being 17 to 21 years old ;
- Being economically disadvantaged ;
- Respect strictly the course schedule.
- Application form ;
- An ID (copy) ;
- The last school report (copy) ;
- 2 passport photos ;
- 2 letters of recommendation (one from the director of the last educational institution attended and the other from a notable of the area of residence).
- The documents must be deposited at the premises of the Union School before the deadline or sent by email to email@example.com
For further information, call : 4899-0849