As part of an official visit, a Haitian delegation led jointly by the Chief of Staff of the Minister of Defense, Jean Harry Toussaint and Lieutenant General Jodel Lessage Commander-in-Chief ai of the Armed Forces of Haiti (FAd’H), composed of members of the General Staff and Defense Ministry officials, is currently in Mexico until April 14, 2019, in order to finalize the modalities and the agenda of Phase II of the bilateral military cooperation Mexico-Haiti.
According to this agenda, 3 activities will be realized during the month of April:
- A seminar on “Civil Protection, Human Rights and Gender Equity” for members of the Haitian Armed Forces as well as those of civil society;
- Training in Mexico as a basic individual principle of a second group of 35 executives;
- The training in Haiti of 30 NCOs instructors.
In addition to finalizingthe Phase II, the delegation will take this opportunity to explore new opportunities related to the implementation of Phase III.
During their stay, the members of the delegation will have the opportunity to visit :
- The facilities of the State Secretariat of National Defense of Mexico;
- The School of Military Engineering;
- The Firearms and Ammunition Manufacturing Plant;
- The Military Center for Health Sciences (CEMICSA) and the NCO School of La Puebla.
These visits will allow the delegation to further explore the Mexican defense system.