In Haiti, No. 2 Presidential Candidate Undecided on Runoff-Added COMMENTARY By Haitian-Truth

November 27, 2015
By `
  • By david mcfadden, associated press

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — Nov 27, 2015, 4:22 PM ETHaiti Elections ProtestThe Associated Press

Demonstrators perform a voodoo ceremony before the start of a protest against the official election results, in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Thursday Nov. 26, 2015. Demonstrators are claiming fraud and are demanding that the Oct. 25 first-round presidential election where the top two finishers are government-backed candidate Jovenel Moise and former state construction chief Jude Celestin be annulled. (AP Photo/Dieu Nalio Chery)more +

Campaign season for the final round of Haiti’s elections has gotten started, but the second-place finisher in the presidential vote said Friday he hasn’t decided whether he will participate in a runoff or continue to press for a recount.

Former state construction chief Jude Celestin told The Associated Press on Friday that “no decision has been made” about whether he will take part in the scheduled Dec. 27 runoff against Jovenel Moise, who led the count in the first round. He said more time is needed for dialogue with the opposition factions that allege vote-rigging by election authorities and Moise’s government-backed campaign.

“We need to continue talks with all the different sides,” Celestin said as he left a meeting with sixth-place presidential candidate Jean Henry Ceant. “A decision will be made soon.”

Celestin, Ceant and six other presidential candidates have formed an alliance dubbed the “Group of Eight.” They assert that the October elections and ballot-count were far too problematic for the official count to be legitimate. Haiti’s Provisional Electoral Council announced its final tally on Tuesday, giving Moise nearly 33 percent of the vote and Celestin 25 percent.

It’s a reversal of Celestin’s experience in the 2010 election, when he was the government-backed contender and nearly all other major presidential candidates alleged that he benefited from fraud to make it into a runoff.

Under international pressure, Haiti’s electoral council, known as the CEP, reviewed the count and eliminated Celestin from the race.

This time around, the international community is hoping the onetime protege of former President Rene Preval stays in the internationally financed elections, according to Haitian analysts.

“The only way the runoff can work is if Celestin has the confidence of other opposition groups and if the international community guarantees that they will very closely monitor the CEP,” said political analyst Fritz Dorvilier, a sociologist at the State University of Haiti.

Many Haitians hoped that last month’s first-round vote would lead to an accepted government after years of political gridlock. But the official results have instead brought a renewed surge of paralyzing street protests in urban areas this week and deep concerns about how democratic the vote really was.

A recent poll by the independent research group Igarape Institute found deep public suspicion of the Oct. 25 election. A U.S. delegation of election monitors from the National Lawyers Guild and International Association of Democratic Lawyers Delegation said it “fell far short of minimum standards for fair elections” and called for an independent investigation.

Observers from the Organization of American States noted some irregularities, but said the preliminary results announced earlier this month appeared to be in line with what they saw on election day.

Celso Amorim, chief of the Organization of American States’ 125-member mission, had said Haiti appears to be “moving in the right direction” after a history of disorganized votes marred by violence.

President Michel Martelly’s party has repeatedly denied accusations that it manipulated the voting or the ballot count and has dismissed calls for a recount.

_________________________________________________________________

COMMENT:HAITIAN-TRUTH.ORG

Please understand – Jude Celestin was barred from the last election because his

involvement with assassin Amarol Duclona.

Evidence showed Duclona  murdered Robert Moreno, head of  CNE head, on

Preval/Celestin orders.  Celestin then took Moreno’s place  as chief of CNE, in

order to pull off a $100,000,000 crime in which  Preval bought $50,000,000 of

used equipment and billed the government for $100,000,000 new equipment.

During the last election cycle, Celestin claimed to be a graduate engineer, with a

degree from Switzerland. This was proved to be untrue. He is a good mechanic.

Nothing more.

Duclona, assassin of choice, for Aristide and Preval, also assassinated, among

many others, a French Consul. The French were upset and pursued Duclaona.

When the police closed in Celestin  hid Duclona in Preval’s sister’s house.  Celestin

obtained a false passport, for Duclona, in the name of Innocent, then smuggled

Duclona into the Dominican Republic and got him a condo.

Over the  months, Celestin transferred money to Duclona/Innocent, via Western

Union, from the National Palace, if you can believe it!!!!

Truth is often better than fiction!.

Duclona is now in a French prison where he has spilled his  guts, involving

Celestin, Aristide  and Rene Preval in several murders.

Celestin’ involvement in murder, massive theft and   the cocaine trade, was too

much for the international community.

Why he was allowed on the ballot this time is a mystery.

So far as the IGARAPE Organization

http://www.igarape.org.br/en/about-igarape/  comment upon our recent ballot is

concerned, this group was paid several million dollars in order to produce their

“off the wall” results.

This Brazilian organization should produce those who carried out the survey. I will

pay for a polygraph, and the TRUTH will be known.

They are liars, attempting to assist others in the destabilization of Haiti!!

When the December vote is completed, we will see who is the most popular.

JOVENEL MOISE

http://www.igarape.org.br/en/about-igarape/

Comments are closed.